Stevenson School sponsors this Senior Grad Night Senior Cruise so that all graduating seniors may experience their final activity together as a class on the evening of graduation. The Senior Cruise will be a no-charge event again this year.
The deadline to sign up for the cruise is listed at the right. The required forms can be downloaded by selecting the links on the right.
- A Parent Permission Form must be signed by a parent for each participating student.
- A Student Agreement must be signed by each student who will be attending this event.
Food and Entertainment
The Senior Class will be given an opportunity to choose the menu for their cruise. Entertainment will include DJ and Dance Floor, Black Jack Table, 2nd DJ/Karaoke in a separate location, and a photo booth.
Transportation to and from Hornblower Landing will be provided by Peninsula Tour Buses. Each bus is equipped with DVD & CD players with several monitors, and a restroom. Popular movies will play in each direction.
San Francisco Pick-Up Information
Some families have requested picking up their students in San Francisco after the cruise. Please notify us ahead of time if this is your intent, and be sure to sign your student out with a chaperone before departing the port. The pick-up time will be when the boat returns at 3:00 am on Monday morning at Hornblower Cruises & Events, which is located at Pier 3, Hornblower Landing in San Francisco (2 piers north of the Ferry Building on the Embarcadero). Any student not picked up on time will be returned to school and arrangements will need to be made from there. No students will be allowed to leave the pier on their own, or in taxis. Their safety is our utmost concern.
We are looking for 9-10 chaperones for this event. Any parents of freshman, sophomores and juniors who would like to assist with this event, please contact us. It has been customary to not have the parents of seniors attend their student’s event. If you think you might like to help, but are nervous about going with so many kids on a boat, please contact the organizers at the email address on the right.
Important Details for Parents and Students
We suggest that parents drop off and pick up their graduates as they will be very tired in the morning. We would like to discourage them from driving home after so much activity and no sleep. Please be timely.
- Casual attire and jeans are fine, but collared shirts are preferred for boys.
- It is suggested to dress in layers as it can be cold on deck and warm inside the yacht.
- Backpacks and water bottles will not be allowed; girls may bring a small purse.
- It is not appropriate to bring gifts, and there should be no gift exchanging at this time.
- Seniors are expected to follow the school’s Standards of Conduct. Students will be checked thoroughly for any inappropriate items before they board the bus. We do this for the safety of all students.
- Hornblower Cruises & Events will have security on the yacht, and it is stated in their contract that any graduate viewed as partaking in any illicit activity including drinking alcohol will end the cruise immediately. Please do not disappoint your peers and make a poor choice in this regard, as the consequences will affect the entire class.