For more information how you can support the David Balfour Fund, please contact:
Director of Advancement
Ph: (831) 625-8354 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The David Balfour Fund is named for the hero of Stevenson’s novel Kidnapped, who faces his challenges with nimbleness, ingenuity, and the help of his friends. Similarly, our faculty and staff have met this past year with distinctive grit and grace--and benefitted time and again from your generosity to the School.
We are endlessly grateful for the 41 donors who generously gave a total of $500,000 in support of the David Balfour Fund.
Throughout this year of remote instruction, our teachers have provided their students with demonstrably best-in-class opportunities to learn, grow, and connect—both in academic classes and their co-curricular pursuits, from athletics to the visual and performing arts. While our success traces in large part to our community’s optimism and capacity for hard work, we are indebted to our generous donors that have helped ensure we had the iPads, instructional technology (like classroom cameras), and professional development opportunities we needed to deliver these results.
Now, as we welcome PK to Grade 12 students back to campus, the David Balfour Fund will help protect the health and safety of our students and employees.
Specifically, donor support to the David Balfour Fund has provided for:
- Erecting temporary tents to provide supplemental outdoor classroom space
- Leasing the Mission Campus for the middle division, which will allow for safe social distancing for students and employees in Grades PK-8
- Conducting school-wide bi-weekly COVID-19 testing of employees
- Implementing enhanced cleaning according to CDC guidelines
- Providing PPE supplies and COVID-19-specific training to employees
- Installing portable air purifier units to supplement existing ventilation
- Upgrading outdoor Wi-Fi capabilities on all three campuses
- Purchasing and implementing wellness tracking programs
- Hiring a full-time nurse for the lower and middle divisions