Pirates, this year, to mark what would traditionally be Reunion Weekend, we invite you to please join us for June Alumni Days, open to Pirates of every year.
We kicked off the festivities with the premiere of the Pirate Alumni Coffee House, hosted by Rob Klevan and Willow Manspeaker on Wednesday, June 16, and the release of the 2021 State of the School with Dr. Kevin M. Hicks ’85, president, on June 17. To cap off the week, there will be class-specific Zoom “cocktail hours” hosted by fellow classmates on the evening of June 18, 2021.
Please contact Mia Peterson '89, director of alumni relations, with questions related to this event.
We remember and honor those Pirates no longer with us.
The Pirate spirit extends to a place deep within the heart of Stevenson: a common platform to share sympathy and stories is a powerful tool to process through loss.
Wednesday, June 16
4:30–5:00 p.m.- Pirate Alumni Coffee House Launch Party
As we count down to the big premiere, we invite you to join hosts Rob Klevan and Willow Manspeaker to visit and hear more about the alumni artists and the performances that will be part of the Pirate Alumni Coffee House. Kindly RSVP to attend.
5:00 pm- 6:00 pm PDT- Pirate Alumni Coffee House Premiere
From Jazz to Hard Rock, Alternative to Country, we’re excited to share performances from our very talented Pirate musicians. Event will premiere on this webpage. (The full list of performers will be announced closer to the event.)
Thursday, June 17
5:00–6:00 p.m. PDT- Evening at Elroy’s with Jay ’95 and Chloe Dolata P ’26, Christo Reynen ’95, and more!
After a successful run with Carmel Belle, the Dolatas have delivered another amazing establishment for our Pirates to visit for their culinary needs. Jay ‘95, Chloe, Christo '95, and possibly a couple other surprise guest alumni from the class of ‘95 will lead us in a cooking demonstration and a wine tasting to delight all the "foodies" among us. Upon RSVP, more details will be shared about the evening.
6:00–7:00 p.m. PDT- Class of 1991 "Zoom Beach Bonfire Bash"- Hosted by Dana Bambace '91 and Geoff Washburn '91
Class of ’91 alumni are invited to join for an hour of surprise guests, shenanigans, and breakout room fun. Kindly RSVP to attend.
Friday, June 18
5:00–6:00 p.m. PDT- “Class by Class” Cocktail Hour
For alumni near and far, this is the time to catch up with your classmates! Fellow alumni will act as hosts for each class event. Kindly RSVP to attend.
- Aimée Bates’s recommendation: Lovers & Writers by Lily King
- Lucy Stockdale’s recommendation: Homegoing, by Yaa Gyasi
- Erin Peterson’s recommendation: Migrations by Charlotte McConaghy
- David Schmittgens’s recommendation: The Other Americans by Laila Lalami
- Mashadi Matabane’s recommendation: Inner Compass: An Invitation to Ignatian Spirituality by Margaret Silf
- Karen Hiles’s recommendation: The Ensemble by Aja Gabel
- Matt Rymzo’s recommendation: Cork Dork by Bianca Bosker
- Sam Salerno’s recommendation: World Enough and Time by Christian McEwen
- Alyssa Clark’s recommendation: 50 Shades Of The USA: One woman's 11,000 mile cycling adventure through every state of America, by Anna McNuff