Companion Family Program
After several successful years, the Pirate Parent Club is pleased to sponsor the Stevenson Companion Family Program. Overseen by current parents and members of our admission department, this program provides new resident students with a personal connection to a family on the Monterey Peninsula and gives local families a chance to connect with Stevenson students from around the country and the world.
This is a unique opportunity to forge strong bonds within our community. Families from both the Pebble Beach and Carmel campuses are invited to participate in this rewarding program by offering to be a companion family for a new resident student.
The Companion Family Program is now seeking local families to volunteer to be ambassadors to the new resident students joining our community in the 2019-2020 academic year. Here are a few examples of how companion families connect with their students:
- send birthday and holiday greetings
- help run errands
- invite him or her, and other students, to your home
- include students on family excursions
- keep in touch by phone or email
- take your companion student shopping or out for lunch
- send care packages during finals