Grade and Progress Reporting
Middle division teachers report on students' progress six times each year:
Students in Grades 5 and 6 receive narrative comments only, while students in Grades 7 and 8 receive letter grades at each grading period in addition to narrative comments about their progress. For more detailed information about the information that is provided at each grading period, see "Descriptions of Grade and Progress Reports" below.
A four-point grade point average, the Overall GPA, is computed for students in Grades 7 and 8 at the end of each grading period and is recorded on students' transcripts. It includes all classes for which a letter grade is given: English, history, Chinese, Spanish, math, and STEM. These classes meet at least 8 times in a 10-day cycle. GPA is used to determine honor roll.
- Fall Midterm (FM)
- Fall Term (FT)
- Winter Midterm (WM)
- Winter Term (WT)
- Spring Midterm (SM)
- Spring Term (ST)
Grades 5 & 6 receive brief individual narratives in English, history, Chinese, Spanish, math, and STEM.
Grades 7 & 8 receive letter grades and brief individual narratives in English, history, Chinese, Spanish, math, and STEM; Pass/Fail grades in art, dance, music, theater, P.E., and electives.
Class overviews are provided for all art, dance, music, theater, P.E. and electives.
Grade reports, schedules, and middle division transcripts for the current year can be viewed and printed at any time during the school year.
This information is password-protected; you will be prompted to enter your Stevenson website username and password.
- Select View Grades And Schedules to access the system. (It should open in a new tab or new window so you can refer back to these directions as you proceed.)
- If you are not already logged in to the Stevenson website, you will be asked to log in. Students should use their Stevenson School email address as their username. Family members should use the email address at which they receive information from the school.
- Select a student tab (left).
- Select the Schedule tab (top) to view the student's schedule.
- Select the Grades tab (top).
- Select the Grading Period (3W, FM, FT, WM, WT, SM, ST) (top).
- Click Expand All (top) to view any exam grades or comments
- Click Print to print a report of the selected grading period.
- Select the Reports tab (top) for Grade 7-12 students and click on the PDF icon to the far right to view a transcript.