In the spirit of giving our students at Carmel Campus the best possible experience in music, Orchestra in the Schools (an after-school youth orchestra) invites all Stevenson students in Grades 3–8 to participate in an amazing musical collaboration with students from 22 different schools throughout Monterey County!
This is an excellent educational opportunity for children to learn how their individual instruments contribute to a full symphonic orchestra. For some, this may be their only chance to create beautiful music with a large musical group of students from diverse schools and backgrounds. For others, this will be an inspirational experience that propels their love of music.
Here are the details:
Tuesday, April 30
- 5:00–6:00 p.m. - mandatory rehearsal at the International School of Monterey (ISM) in Seaside. If your child is unavailable on this date, please speak with Mr. Paoletti to find an alternative.
- A Stevenson school bus will depart Carmel Campus for ISM at 4:30 p.m. Please pick up at ISM at 6:00 p.m. The school bus will not bring students back to campus.
Thursday, May 9*
- 5:00 p.m. - mandatory dress rehearsal at Santa Catalina School (families provide their own transportation)
- 6:30 p.m. - concert performance at Santa Catalina School
- Tickets for adults are $10.00, children are free
REGISTER HERE by April 17 for your student to participate!
*Please note that the Orchestra in the Schools concert is the evening after our Spring Music Performance for the lower and middle divisions at Keck Auditorium on Wednesday, May 8 at 7:00 p.m.