Core Leadership California for Educators Packing List
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- In terms of clothing, plan to dress comfortably for sitting.
- There are no extra costs for excursions and/or activities related directly to the program.
- After dinner, you will either be involved in a leadership council or working on a team. You will receive a full schedule a week before you arrive. If you have any further questions about the schedule, please email us. We are happy to answer your questions.
- If you have a cell phone, bring it, though you will be invited to put your phone away for much of the program. That said, you will have time daily to check email and respond to pressing matters.
- Dress code in the dining hall is shorts, pants, shirts, and skirts. Neat attire is requested during meals.
- We will swim in the ocean and spend time outdoors, so please bring clothes suitable for those activities. [More information below.]
- If there is an emergency, please follow the procedures in the handout you receive during orientation.
- You may use the dorm laundry facilities during your stay, and there is no charge; however, we ask you to please be conscientious of water usage and launder full loads. Please bring your own laundry soap if you wish to do laundry.
PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING
In addition to everyday clothing, here are some things specific to our program you need to bring.
- Significant object (e.g. necklace, ring, picture, religious object, small item of meaning)
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen (preferably an environmentally-safe option like Blue Lizard Australian)Bug spray for bugs and ticks (non-DEET)
- Beach towel (bath towels will be provided to you)
- Wetsuit, if you prefer to use your own.
- Water shoes or flip-flops (or shoes you don’t mind getting wet)
- Appropriate hiking shoes (running shoes or boots, closed-toe)
- Musical instrument (if you play one)
- Quick-drying, non-cotton clothing for stretching, moving, and enjoying the outdoors
- A warm down jacket, hoodie and sweatshirt. Warm sweatpants (It is cool and foggy in coastal northern California in the summers). Think about dressing in layers.
- Journal/Notebook and Pen
- A sleeping bag and warm blanket are strongly encouraged for those arriving by car, otherwise sheets and a blanket will be provided.
- Prescription medications and an EpiPen, if needed.