The Stevenson Boys Lacrosse Camp is an overnight lacrosse camp for students rising to Grades 4–9. The camp is located on our Pebble Beach Campus. Campers will be immersed in dorm life and have access to top notch athletic facilities, all while residing just minutes from the beach.
Rising Grade 4–9 boys are invited to attend Stevenson Boys Lacrosse Camp.
Camp will be comprised of three sessions (morning, afternoon, and night).
- Morning: Emphasis on individual skill work such as stickwork, stick protection, dodging, body positions, and defensive footwork.
- Afternoon: Emphasis on small-sided play (2v2, 3v2, 3v3, 4v3, 4v4), setting picks, offensive movement, and defensive positioning.
- Evening: Nightly games where campers can implement the skill work they have learned throughout the day in a competitive environment.
Lodging and Meals
Campers share a room with one or two other campers in the Stevenson dormitories. The dorms are divided by gender and age, have spacious common areas, and also house the counselors. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are planned meals served in Stevenson's cafeteria at Reid Hall. Meal times are a great opportunity for resident campers to get to know one another.
- Dorm: Silverado Dormitory
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Provided - The linen pack includes sheets, blankets, pillows, 2 face towels, and 1 towel for showering
- Toiletries: Campers should bring their own toiletries
- Meals: All meals will be provided in Reid Hall
- Suggested spending money: $40
- Will my child be able to buy snacks and drinks while at camp?
- What is the weather generally like for this camp?
- How many changes of clothes should my child pack?
- Can I come watch my child play?
- What is the ratio of players to coaches?
- Is financial assistance available?
2020 Lacrosse Camp Dates
June 19 - June 21, 2020.
Cooper Kehoe '07
Cooper Kehoe was born and raised in California and is an alumnus of Stevenson School. He played four years of college lacrosse at Colorado State University, where he was a three year starter and team captain his junior (2009–10) and senior year (2010–11). Cooper was elected first team All American his junior and senior year and was also voted the RMLC Offensive Player of the Year. He returned to Stevenson after graduating from CSU to teach and coach. Cooper is currently the Associate Athletics Director, a resident faculty member and head varsity boys lacrosse coach at Stevenson School.
Cooper can be reached here or via phone 530-591-5761
John was a captain of the 2011 Bucknell lacrosse team that made its second ever NCAA tournament appearance in school history. A three year starter on defense, John collected 65 ground balls and caused 42 turnovers in his career. During Bucknell’s NCAA tournament run, John anchored a defensive unit that ranked fifth in the country in scoring defense. He is currently the assistant coach for the Stevenson varsity boys team and teaches Grade 2 at Stevenson’s Carmel Campus. John can be reached here.
Will Casertano is a native of the New York City metro area, where he learned to play lacrosse from his dad who played at Amherst College and brothers who played at Amherst and Yale. Will played his high school ball at highly touted Salisbury School in Connecticut and furthered his career at Villanova University. At Villanova, Will started at attack for four years as a crafty lefty and finished his career 12th all-time in points. Highlights of his career include a game-winning goal against Syracuse in the Carrier Dome, a trip to Denver University in the NCAA playoff tournament in what was the first playoff game west of the Mississippi, and a Big East championship. Will resides in Pebble Beach and works at Stevenson School as a history teacher and lacrosse coach.