- When should I order books?
- How do I use the online bookstore during the summer?
- How do I use the online bookstore during the school year?
- Where should I have my books shipped?
- Can I buy my books from the campus store?
- Does the online bookstore sell used books?
- If I want to buy used books, when is the best time to order?
- What is the condition of the used books from the online bookstore?
- Will the books I want be available when I order?
- What is the online bookstore's return policy?
- Can I sell my school books back to the online bookstore at the end of the year?
- What if I am having trouble with my Shop By Schedule student ID for the bookstore?
- What if I entered my ID properly, but I still have trouble purchasing books?
- Can I change the courses listed for me when I use Shop By Schedule?
- Does the online bookstore charge for shipping and sales tax?
- What if my MBS Direct shipment is incomplete or contains incorrect books?
- What if I am still having an issue not covered in these FAQs?
As a general rule, students should order books as soon as they hear that the Online Bookstore is updated and open (the exception would be if course lists are not yet final).
The bookstore is updated three times a year.
- The first time is in late July or early August. The online store will be updated with books that students need to purchase before the start of school (this is when students will be purchasing the majority of their books for the year). The online bookstore will offer free shipping on orders in the contiguous United States of $99 or more for a week when the bookstore opens in the summer (and again for a weekend in August).
- The second time the bookstore is updated is just after the start of school when English teachers are confirmed; students can then order their teacher-specific English books for the fall semester.
- The third time is about a month before the end of the fall semester, when students whose spring semester courses require different books may make that purchase.
To order books during the summer:
2) Click on "Let's Get Started."
3) In late July or early August Mrs. Liz O'Hara sends an email with your Shop By Schedule Student ID. Enter this ID on the "Let's Get Started" page and click "View Your Materials." This will bring up a personalized list of the books that you need for the courses you are taking. If you do not know your Shop By Schedule Student ID, but do know the courses you will take, scroll down, select your courses from the list, and at the bottom click "View Your Materials."
4) For each book you have purchasing options. If you can get the book from another source and can be certain that the ISBN 13 numbers match exactly, you may do so. You may also enter the ISBN 13 number in the search bar of your favorite bookstore to be certain you get the correct title and edition. If you prefer to purchase a book from MBS, click "Add Selected to Cart" for the book.
5) When you are happy with your selections, proceed to your cart to check out.
To order books during the school year:
2) Click on "Let's Get Started."
3) Under the "Your Term" dropdown select the term you want.
4) Select the class or classes in which you are enrolled and click Continue (be careful to choose the class for the correct teacher).
5) Scroll to the bottom and click "View Your Materials."
6) For each book you have purchasing options. If you can get the book from another source and can be certain that the titles and editions match exactly, you may do so. You may also enter the ISBN in the search bar of your favorite bookstore to be certain you get the correct title and edition. If you prefer to purchase a book from MBS, select the option you prefer and click "Add Selected to Cart."
7) When you are happy with your selections scroll to the bottom and click "Proceed to Checkout."
Mrs. Liz O'Hara will send an email if there are book purchases you need to make for an upcoming semester.
Most students should have their books shipped to their homes, but resident students coming from far away may choose to have them shipped directly to Stevenson. Please enter the address in this format:
Name: Student's First and Last Name
Address Line 1: Stevenson School
Address Line 2: 3152 Forest Lake Road
City: Pebble Beach
Zip/Postal Code: 93953
Yes. MBS Direct has a large inventory of used books. Most of the books required for our students will be available used, with some exceptions. Workbooks, for instance, need to be new so that answers are not already provided. Some teachers require new books so that the students are not distracted by a previous student's notes and highlighting.
MBS Direct, our partner in offering the online bookstore, examines all used books before selling them to you. More information about what to expect in a used book is available on MBS Direct's Help Center.
MBS Direct, our partner in offering the online bookstore, has a proven ability to deliver.
Precision - 98.3% order accuracy
Efficiency - 99.9% on-time shipping of in-stock items
Assurance - 97.2% in-stock rate of all materials at time of order
Satisfaction - 97.9% titles shipped prior to the start of class
You can use the online bookstore without a Shop By Schedule student ID, although you will not see a personalized list of the books you need. Information about the Shop By Schedule student ID is sent to students and their families in late June or early July. If that email does not answer your questions, please contact Mrs. Liz O'Hara.
Please use the Help or Contact Us options in the bookstore itself, as MBS Direct, our partner in offering the online bookstore, is the expert in online sales. More information is available in MBS Direct's Help Center.
1. Please call 1-800-325-3252 to speak with an MBS Customer Service Representative. This representative will need your ORDER NUMBER and the NAME associated with that order. They may also want to verify the email address, phone number, and the mailing address associated with the shipment.
2. Please explain your problem to the customer service representative. Let them know if you are missing books, or received the incorrect books from MBS Direct.
3. If MBS Direct is responsible for the mistake, they will cover the shipping costs associated with the replacement books.
4. If you feel the customer service representative is misunderstanding your situation, please contact Mrs. Liz O'Hara, and she will contact Stevenson School’s Account Manager at MBS Direct.
We are pleased to offer an online bookstore in partnership with MBS Direct, a company which boasts the largest inventory of new and used textbooks in the nation.
To order books during the summer, please follow the steps listed below under "How do I use the online bookstore during the summer?" During the school year, please follow the steps listed under "How do I use the online bookstore during the school year?"