Daily Class Schedule 2019-2020
Upper Division Revised Schedule
After 18 months of research and collaboration among faculty, department heads, and the upper division leadership team, we have finalized the details of a new schedule that allows us both to optimize all that we know about adolescent learning and to better attend to our students’ wellbeing.
- Isn’t 70 minutes too long to focus on just one thing?
- If only 4 classes meet per day, does this mean students can now only take 4 classes?
- If students still take the same number of classes, how does this reduce homework?
- Won’t teachers just set double the homework each time to make up for the fewer meetings?
- How does changing to semesters impact final exams and reports?
- How does the change to semesters impact term dates and vacations?
- The semesters seem really uneven—is this a problem/issue?
- How will I know what schedule day it is?
- Why are there so many breaks scattered throughout the day?
- There are fewer meetings/minutes in this schedule for each class—how does this impact content-heavy AP classes?
- Aren’t math and languages best taught by meeting for short blocks every day?