End-of-Year Information for SENIOR Resident Students
If your son or daughter is a resident student, please review the deadlines they face and the important steps they must take to vacate the residence halls at the end of the year. Shipping and summer storage information is available through the links on the right. Please make sure they are also familiar with the Dorm Room Check Out Steps.
3:00–5:00 p.m. UPS Pick-up in Rosen. See “Shipping Home” notes on back for additional information.
9:30 p.m. Study Hall ends.
10:00 p.m. INSPECTION NIGHT for Seniors. By 10:00 p.m. you must be prepared for a formal stand-by inspection (i.e., you MUST be present). The following must be completed:
- All hangings, tape, posters, push pins, nails, etc. must be removed from walls, doors and ceilings.
- Damage will be assessed and faculty will instruct as to what must be done by Saturday to avoid charges.
- Rooms must be inspection clean, as for regular Saturday inspections.
- Clothing and other reusable items should be taken to the Yard Sale in the gym (if an item is unusable or broken, please bring it to the trash dumpster rather than the gym). The trash and recycling dumpsters on Wilson Field should be used for non-reusable items only (please separate trash and recycling, and dispose of them properly). The dumpsters will be available to seniors from Monday 5/20 - Friday 5/24.
3:00–5:00 p.m. UPS Pick-up in Rosen. See “Shipping Home” notes in sidebar for additional information.
Senior Clean-Up and Inspection Day
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Clothing and other reusable items should be taken to the Yard Sale in the gym (if an item is unusable or broken, please bring it to the trash dumpster rather than the gym). The trash and recycling dumpsters on Wilson Field should be used for non-reusable items only (please separate trash and recycling, and dispose of them properly).
The following tasks must be completed:
- All surfaces of furniture, walls, doors, ceilings, etc. must be scrubbed clean of all marks and dirt.
- All floors and carpets must be cleaned of all dirt and markings.
- Accounting of all damage and charges must be discussed.
- Packing of all property not necessary for use must be completed.
Note: Seniors must face-to-face with a resident faculty member and pass inspection before they will be permitted to leave campus on Saturday.
GRADUATION will be at 1:00 p.m. (No buses will run today.)
SENIORS MUST BE COMPLETELY CHECKED OUT BY 6:00 p.m. after a face-to-face inspection with dorm faculty on duty.
- We expect that you will be sleeping in your room through Saturday night, May 25.
- Any senior wishing to move out before Sunday, May 26 will need to fill out an End-of-Year leave request in Reach by 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 16. Note: This can only happen if the student is planning on staying locally WITH HIS OR HER OWN PARENT.
- We will be running normal check-ins and hours Thursday, Friday, and Saturday of graduation week.
- Rooms left a mess may be charged a $50 - $100 cleaning fee, depending on the size of the problem.
- You will be charged for damages to your room according to the “Dorm Room Check-Out Sheet.”
- Anything left behind will be discarded at your expense.
- The UPS Store personnel will be in Rosen foyer after school on Wednesday, May 22 from 3:00–5:00 p.m. and Friday, May 24 from 3:00–5:00 p.m.
- All items MUST be paid for with CASH, CHECK or CREDIT CARD. You CANNOT charge this to your school account.
- If you need an additional pick-up, you can call Sue at the UPS Store in Carmel at 831-625-5574 or 831-594-1060, or Iris at 831-333-6872 to make arrangements.
- You may NOT ship Cardinale boxes through the UPS Store. UPS will have boxes available for purchase. It works well to purchase boxes on Wednesday and then to pack and ship them on Friday.
Cardinale Storage works with our returning students to offer summer storage at the rate of $25 per box. Additionally, UPS comes to campus to provide shipping services. They will be on campus for seniors on Wednesday, May 22 from 3:00–5:00 p.m. and Friday, May 24 from 3:00– 5:00 p.m.
The final allowance for seniors will be given out on Wednesday, May 22.