Underclassmen Resident Move-Out Instructions
3:00–5:00 p.m. UPS Pick-up in Rosen. See "Shipping Home" note in right column for additional information.
9:30 p.m. Study Hall ends.
10:00 p.m. INSPECTION NIGHT for Underclassmen – By 10:00 p.m. you must be prepared for a formal stand-by inspection (i.e., you MUST be present). The following must be completed:
- All hangings, tape, posters, push pins, nails, etc. must be removed from walls, doors and ceilings.
- Damage will be assessed and faculty will instruct as to what must be done by Saturday to avoid charges.
- Rooms must be inspection clean, as for regular Saturday inspections.
- Clothing and other reusable items should be taken to the Yard Sale in the gym (if an item is unusable or broken, please bring it to the trash dumpster rather than the gym). The trash and recycling dumpsters on Wilson Field should be used for non-reusable items only (please separate trash and recycling, and dispose of them properly).
3:00–5:00 p.m. First Underclassmen UPS Pick-up in Rosen. See “Shipping Home” notes on right for additional information.
COMMUNITY CLEAN-UP AND INSPECTION DAY/EXAM PREP TIME
9:30 a.m. Cleaning supplies and donuts will be available in each common room.
10:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. In addition to tackling individual rooms, we are tasked with cleaning common spaces (including laundry rooms) as well.
- Reusable items should be delivered to the Yard Sale at the gym (if an item is unusable or broken, please bring it to the trash dumpster rather than the gym).
- The following tasks must be completed:
- All surfaces of furniture, walls, doors, ceilings, etc. must be scrubbed clean of all marks and dirt.
- All floors and carpets must be cleaned of all dirt and markings.
- Accounting of all damage and charges must be discussed.
- Packing of all property not necessary for use in the final days of school must be completed.
Note: Students must face-to-face with a resident faculty member and pass inspection before they will be permitted to leave campus.
12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Cardinale Summer Storage (See back for details.)
12:30 p.m. Shuttle runs will begin.
1:00 p.m. Graduation (No buses will run this day.)
7:30 p.m.–9:30 p.m. Regular study hall for grades 9-11.
FINAL INSPECTION / CHECKING OUT
- After your last exam, locate a faculty member from your dorm to perform the final room inspection. He or she will then sign and take your checkout sheets. You are then free to leave.
- Rooms left a mess may be charged $50–$100 cleaning fee, depending on the size of the problem. Anything left behind will be discarded at your expense.
- You will be charged for damages to your room according to the “Dorm Room Check-Out Sheet.”
- All resident students in grades 9-11 will be required to fill out an End-of-Year pass request in Reach by 4:00 PM on Thursday, May 17. Any student wishing to move out early can only do so if the student is planning on staying locally WITH HIS OR HER OWN PARENT or if he or she has finished exams and is heading home for the summer.
- Students are encouraged to leave campus upon completion of their last exam. In the event of restricted flight or travel schedules, students will be permitted to stay on campus on Thursday evening. The dorms will close at noon on Friday, June 1. Students spending the night in the dorms will not be permitted to leave campus after their exam on Thursday.
There is no storage for residents on campus, but we hire Cardinale Storage to accommodate those students who would like to store some things for the summer. Any articles that you wish to store with Cardinale must be securely packed. We suggest valuable items (such as computers, stereos, and bicycles) not be stored with Cardinale but be brought or sent home.
- Storage will occur on Saturday, May 26 from 12:00 noon to 2:00 pm on Wilson Field.
- Cardinale Storage will provide boxes during the week of May 21-25 for those students who wish to store their belongings over the summer. A Cardinale van will be parked by the weight room. These boxes are provided by Cardinale at no cost and are ONLY to be used for summer storage. Students are encouraged to pick up boxes and begin packing non-essential items that they wish to store as early as possible.
- Bring your items to Wilson Field IMMEDIATELY after Community Clean-Up and have them marked and sealed. Cardinale will accept items for storage from 12:00 noon until 2:00 pm. The cost for summer storage with Cardinale is $25 per item (box, chair, suitcase, etc.) for the entire summer. Cardinale will not accept boxes larger than the ones they provide. The charge is to be paid on the day of storage and can be paid in the form of Cash, Check or Credit Card.
- This is the ONLY time for storage. Space is limited so please be considerate and STORE ONLY ESSENTIALS! Also, try not to make the boxes too heavy.
- One box of linens may be dropped off with Cardinale on Thursday, May 31 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on Wilson Field.
- Students spending Thursday night on campus can drop off linens with Cardinale on Wilson Field between 8 and 10 AM on Friday. Students leaving earlier than 8 AM on Friday should leave their box of linens in the visitors’ locker room.
- For additional information, click here and here.
- The UPS Store personnel will be in Rosen foyer after school on Wednesday, May 23 from 3:00–5:00 p.m. and Friday, May 25 from 3:00–5:00 p.m.
- All items MUST be paid for with CASH, CHECK or CREDIT CARD. You CANNOT charge this to your school account.
- If you need an additional pick-up, you can call Sue at the UPS Store in Carmel at 831-625-5574 or 831-594-1060, or Iris at 831-333-6872 to make arrangements.
- You may NOT ship Cardinale boxes through the UPS Store. UPS will have boxes available for purchase. It works well to purchase boxes on Wednesday and then to pack and ship them on Friday.
The final allowance will be given out on Wednesday, May 31.